Monday, August 18, 2008

Definitely a Monday....

I had a hard time getting into work today. I was off this weekend - not complaining - but makes it tough to go back. We have a floor set change, and a teachers event on Thursday, and we're supposed to get another visit from our District Manager - she was just in our store last week, so not sure. Could be a bummer week though.
Getting excited about starting school with the kids next week. Both the kids seem to be looking forward to it, so I'm encouraged. Erich starts his fall classes Monday, so I thought that would be the best time to start. We'll all be perfecting our routines/schedules at the same time, I'm hoping that makes it easier on everybody.
We are having an event at the church this weekend - CMU (Childrens Ministry University) - so I've been making phone calls just trying to get in touch with the people who need to bet there. Erich and I (mostly Erich, if I'm completely honest) designed the stage set, and spent all day Saturday at the church painting, tracing, and getting things ready. Our kids pastors were there with us, along with their daughter, so Mrs. Kellie and I left - maybe for 20 minutes - to pick up lunch and green spray paint. We get a phone call - on the chip aisle - that her daughter had fallen on her scooter and hurt her arm. We rushed back, they took her to the doctor and, of course, it was broken. Amazes me how the moms are only gone for a short time like that, and that will be when an accident will happen. Anyway, we finished almost everything, all I have left is to cut out and paint some styrofoam flowers - probably get to those on Wednesday, then we get to set up Thursday afternoon. I'm really anxious to see how everything turns out. I'll have to remember my camera and post some pictures. I always mean to, but (as of yet) it doesn't happen. We'll see.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the coupon! I'm going to try and make it but I started babysitting my niece's baby this week plus school. A baby is sooo much fun but I forget what it is like to get out of the house with one! LOL.
-Stephanie

kel said...

Happy Birthday!

Custom Search