Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Whew!

Its over! The corporate visit that was supposed to happen about a month ago - the one we spent weeks preparing for, and got cancelled at the last moment - happened today, with less than 2 full days notice. It all went well, thank God! We have a new regional manager - the reason the last visit didn't happen, they realigned the regions - she was great. We found that she was really easy to talk to, really interested in us and our store. I think thats a good thing.
On the MAJOR down side, I had this day on the calendar more than a month ago to take as a vacation day - DIDN'T HAPPEN. I wound up on the schedule to close, but didn't have to go in until 5:30, so it was cool. It was the last day of our bible study, we usually have a guest speaker and everyone brings food, sort of brunch I guess and right afterward a friend had a birthday/Halloween party for her daughter (Happy Birthday Brittney!) today, and I was SO looking forward to going. A day spent with friends, enjoying watching the kids enjoying themselves and enjoying being together - just really something I need from time to time. Anyway, all I can say is, at least its over. We shouldn't have another visit like this for 6 months to a year. I wound up having to open the store this morning, I was able to take the kids to bible study and drop them off, so at least they didn't have to miss the last day. I had to arrange for Daddy to get them to the party and help them get dressed in their costumes. I'm thankful that he was able to do it, but I really wanted to. I got to leave at 2:30 - so I missed the party completely :( - (I did see lots of great pictures though) - but had to go back at 5:30 to close. Bummer, but I guess I shouldn't complain, it doesn't happen that way too often. I guess I'm being a whiner at this point, just tired, it is so past my bedtime. Very wound up after a day like today! I may be ready to give sleep a try.
Tomorrow is the last day of coop, I always miss it when it is over, but I am ready for some downtime. (Like that ever really happens!) I am looking forward to presentation night, too. Its always fun to see what the kids have learned, and I love seeing how and what the other teachers teach. Its always good to get new ideas, things I can use even if I only use them with my kids.
Okay, I've rambled enough, my thoughts are all over the place and I think I hear my pillow calling my name......

1 comments:

kel said...

We missed you at the party too. Brittney said it was the best birthday ever!

Custom Search